Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's the holiday season!

Well, even though it's in the 20s outside and nature's photo ops are a little limited, I managed to grab some shots of some holiday goodies around the house.  I've been diligently practicing with my Lensbaby and it has really tested my manual focusing ability.  Since I no longer have the eyesight of my youth, I swapped out the diopter on my camera for a -2 diopter and, I think/hope, it's given me more exact results.

A box of Godiva chocolates from Belgium.

Coconut Twists ready to go into the oven.
 

Star Light, Star Bright...one of my mother's old ornaments...precious to me.

This year life's events have grabbed most free moments so every opportunity I've had to hold my camera has been precious.  I'm so hoping for more photo time in 2015!
 
May you find peace, joy, and love during this holiday season
and in the coming new year!!!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you're doing well with the new lens. Professional looking photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wishes and same to you! Your photo results look terrific. I especially like the shot of the ornament. (I'm mystified when people say they can't find anything to photograph. As you've shown, almost ANYTHING can be the subject of a good picture!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that look, Helene. Keep it up. I gave up on my Lensbaby. Maybe I need to look into the diopter also. I'm never satisfied with my manual focusing results. Merry, merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You too, Helene!


    ALOHA
    from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!