Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Dear...

Dear 2013,
In all honesty, I am not sorry to see you go.  You've been unkind to many people I know and my year hasn't been a bed of roses either.  Yes, I know, your sibling 2012 was, in many instances, worse with Sandy and all that.  But I believe that was just the 'set up' for what you had in store.  Your wrath was spread out over the entire year with lows that were so deep I often wondered if humankind would make it to the end.

Well, we made it..so there!  Despite the deaths, illnesses, job loss, lack of funds, and God only knows what else, we made it.  I don't know where you're headed but I will welcome your new version with open arms in anticipation of brighter days and softer nights.

Finito!  Terminado!  Fini!  Fatto!  Finished!

One year marches out while another marches in.

Dear 2014,
Welcome!
You're brand new and shiny and I'm sure you'd love to stay that way.  Right?  Well, here's a little advice early in the game...be kind, be gentle, have mercy, take care of us.  The past 365 haven't been easy and we need a break.  We need you to lighten the load.  After all, wouldn't it be wonderful to hear us all say on December 31, 2014 that you were a very good year?

Thanks for listening and I sure hope you were paying attention to me and not that glass of champagne.

See you around and I hope you're smiling!

Happy New Year!

5 comments:

  1. ...wishing that 2014 will find you happy, healthy and full of hope. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! Happy New Year and I hope your appeal for contentment in the coming year works well for all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year to you. May your camera capture the beauty of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, with you, hoping for a very good year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Checking in to say "hello"! I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

I may not always have a chance to say it but I do appreciate your comments. I would love to hear from you and please stop by again!